Vertical tile - how to replace/fix

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have had a lot of wind lately and one of the vertical tiles on our dormer fell out. Thankfully, it missed a velux window below. The tile belongs under the window so easy to get to and under the lead strip. We are not sure how to secure it. I have attached couple of photos. I took a couple of photos. Not sure they will help. they were more difficult to take then I thought....

Any advice on how to put it back properly and safely? IMG_1279.JPG IMG_1281.JPG

Sponsored Links
Well looks like it has been cut across the top through the nail holes.
There is no sign of an additional hole having been made.. scary!
I would drill a new hole or two maybe angled upwards as we cant see whats up there.
I would put a couple of screws in the exposed holes of the course below because you can.
I say screws rather than nails less vibration.
Ease the flashing up and gently screw the tile back on.

I am feeling a little nervous as to how the others maybe fixed. I would advise checking the others in that course below the window.

It looks like they have cut the lugs of normal tiles to make them fit!
instead of using topper/eave's tiles, it looks quite new so as Datarebal
has mentioned check the rest or get them back to redo it correctly.

Sponsored Links
Thank you for the feedback. I suspect the remaining tiles will be the same. We will follow up on this. It may become a much bigger job than expected.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back