Very noisy tall radiator

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, I have recently had a radiator replaced which obviously required a system drain.
Since then a different radiator in the hall is making incredibly loud noises when the heating comes on. It sounds like gurgling and clicking indicative of air in the rad. However, I have bled all rads multiple times and there is no air coming out, just water. All rads including the noisy one get hot across the whole rad too.
Any ideas how this can be remindied.
Thanks

Sponsored Links
These tall rads are a nuisance to get rid of the air trapped in them . If you turn all the other rads off and just leave that one on for about twenty mins it usually pushes the air out .

Hi, yes alive done that but will try again. My problem is I have Tado smart valves on most rads (not the noisy one). This means at least one has to be on to call for heating at the boiler.

Sponsored Links
leave the CH system off for 30 mins or so and bleed the problem rad while the system is off (pump not running ) and see if you then get air out

Bleed your noisy rad through both the flow and return individually, running 2-3 litres through each. Do this cold.

With the but end of a hammer or a rubber mullet; tap the sections where the vertical meets the horizontal.

Don't go mad but don't tickle it either

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back