very rough estimate please

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I'm about to have my backboiler removed and the immersion tank from the airing cupboard removed - and replaced with an unvented system stored in my loft.

I know all systems and houses are different but could someone please give me a rough ball park figure for how much all this work would cost.
I am not replacing any pipes (other than those to/from the boiler/tank) - and am keeping the old radiators.

I've got a gas man coming round tomorrow and want to roughly know how much to expect his quote will be

Sponsored Links
A very rough estimate.............

New boiler change £1600 +

Back boiler and cyl removal and make good £600 +.

I would expect £2500 tops but Its difficult to say without knowing what needs doing.

Don't give me any stick fellas :LOL:

A very rough estimate.............

New boiler change £1600 +

Back boiler and cyl removal and make good £600 +.

I would expect £2500 tops but Its difficult to say without knowing what needs doing.

Don't give me any stick fellas :LOL:

Did you miss the bit about an unvented cylinder in loft??

I would say double your price!!

Sponsored Links
ok cheers guys
Looks like i'll have to go for the cheaper option.. and not move the boiler/tank to an unvented system

thanks for your time...

My prices for this type of job, but with a Vaillant combi installed usually come out at around £2500 + VAT. If you had an unvented cylinder fitted you need to add about another £1500 + VAT

What medal

the legion du unvented al la dave (first class) mebbe?

;)

(in his best mutley voice) gimme gimme gimme

:)

Hey Corgiman

I hear your pappy is gonna get himself a job! :eek:

He'll do anything to get himself over to America. :LOL:

If you had an unvented cylinder fitted you need to add about another £1500 + VAT
Too little for putting it in the loft surely. Extra pipes, wires, frost stat...
Depends on make and sizebut I would expect quotes £2000 - £3000.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back