Vet's Bill.

Sponsored Links
[quote="securespark";p="2118296"]On 9 July I took my cat to a vet recommended by a friend as cheaper than my own vet.

I asked for an estimate for dental work. I was never at any stage told there would be a charge: I presumed if there was, I would have been asked to settle at the time of the visit.

After a check lasting a few minutes, I got a verbal estimate for £200 - £250, told him I would think about it and left.

Fast forward to 16th September. I find a bill from the vet on my doormat for £29.40 for a consultation.

It is dated 18th July. I have not missed any post, nor have there been any reminders.

What would you do?[/quote]

I would pay as I am not a whinging tight ba5tard. From experience, a clients "few minutes" is a (minimum) quarter hour. Who is paying the rent, utilities, overheads, asistants and receptionist time?

Sponsored Links
Same as a private medical certificate.
Make appointment,see doc. 2mins later and £15.00 lighter.

[quote="securespark";p="2118296"]On 9 July I took my cat to a vet recommended by a friend as cheaper than my own vet.

I asked for an estimate for dental work. I was never at any stage told there would be a charge: I presumed if there was, I would have been asked to settle at the time of the visit.

After a check lasting a few minutes, I got a verbal estimate for £200 - £250, told him I would think about it and left.

Fast forward to 16th September. I find a bill from the vet on my doormat for £29.40 for a consultation.

It is dated 18th July. I have not missed any post, nor have there been any reminders.

What would you do?

I would pay as I am not a whinging tight ba5tard. From experience, a clients "few minutes" is a (minimum) quarter hour. Who is paying the rent, utilities, overheads, asistants and receptionist time?[/quote]

EGM.

What a real charmer you sound.

I am neither tight nor whinging. Or a bastard, for that matter. Strangely, out of all of those, being accused of being tight is the one that rankles the most.

I am however surprised that I am being chased for a bill I knew nothing about and was not expecting. After all, if there was a charge, would you not expect to be told the same and then , if accepted, to pay it at the time the service was provided? Or at least be told to expect an invoice in the post?

Let's just say I think I'll put you on my ignore list. ;) Ta-ra.

Back