Energy company not sending bill for 7 years !

Know of quite a few houses where the powers companies do not know there is an actual gas meter fitted and have never had a bill in 25+ years .
Told them if they ever sell just take the meter out and ask for one to be fitted
Why?
Genuine question.
Why not leave it there?

Sponsored Links
Why?
Genuine question.
Why not leave it there?
exactly as big all says . records all been lost many years ago so there would be questions of when did the meter go in and then they would get an estimated bill for however long they are allowed to go back .

Was it not showing online. You can look up.
Find my supplier website.

There is one for gas and one for electricity.

I've worked for people that have never had bill and I've said to look up online. They go quiet.
It's not really myself place to look up and tell them so I don't

More questions than answers

Sponsored Links
I've worked for people that have never had bill and I've said to look up online. They go quiet.
It's not really myself place to look up and tell them so I don't

I bet if the supply was cut off they would look up who their supplier is!!

A missing aspect is how long she has been there. It seems a little odd that the landlord is receiving the bill.Who should look after this sort of thing?

When a person moves out of their house they often take the meter reading and pass it on to the supplier. A sensible thing for a business to do too. However taking one when some one moves in is a good idea as well.

Ofgen has to be a good idea. If outside their scope they will just say so. I vaguely recollect that when outfits like Ofgen / an Ombudsman person is used a procedure needs to be followed. Afraid I can not recollect what it was clearly but I think it involved declaring a dispute of this type with the other party first.

Back