Victorian floorboards ( Again)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
thanks for the advice on what to put onto my floorboards, I have brought the product you suggested as it has really good reviews.
I have another question seeing as i had such good advice last time. Any suggestions for filling in gaps in floorboards. On previous questions posted you have said to cover over with boards but i am leaving mine. I have heard about filler but unsure about this as it cracks away. I have also heard about string, how does this work and what does it look like.How do you use or any other options.
Thanks

Sponsored Links
Hi Gretayew,

I just asked the string question myself yesterday so I'll hang around your thread if that's ok, seeing as mine seems to getting overlooked :confused:

By the way, we sealed our landing floorboards with caulk and it seems to be holding out ok but they've also been painted over with approx 6 layers of waterbased eggshell as well.

I also hear wood glue mixed with sawdust is used. I've used this method for filling holes but not floorboards.

amandaclegg said:
Hi Gretayew,

I just asked the string question myself yesterday so I'll hang around your thread if that's ok, seeing as mine seems to getting overlooked :confused:

By the way, we sealed our landing floorboards with caulk and it seems to be holding out ok but they've also been painted over with approx 6 layers of waterbased eggshell as well.

I also hear wood glue mixed with sawdust is used. I've used this method for filling holes but not floorboards.

The shrinking and expanding of the boards renders a lot of fillers pretty useless.

I've left mine, and they aren't particularly close together either.

The main reasons for filling - dust and drafts - haven't been a problem at all for me.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back