Video chewing tapes

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

what's normally the cause of videos chewing tapes? I've just powered-on our 2 yr old samsung & pushed eject to get the tape out. When it came out , the tape was still wrapped around some inner parts of the recorder.

It's happened twice over last year, and although that's not a lot, you certainly don't forget it. I thought it may be a build-up of oxides or the like, but have never seen anything untoward.

Any help appreciated,

Julian

Sponsored Links
the tape isn't being pulled back into the cassette usually a takeup spool if video was older I would have said belts but modern vcrs have notched so not as likely could be spool clutch. Either way take to a shop oor bin it :rolleyes:

i'd say! Any video newer than the turn of this century is utterly useless and cheap cr@p in my opinion - and very poor picture / sound quality - best bin it and go for digital like saxton said!

Sponsored Links
Thanks for replies,

I do have a DVD player and Sky + , so not exactly prehistoric. Some things just aren't available though, which is why I still have the VCR.

Julian

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back