Viesmann 100 Boiler Eating Pumpheads for fun?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi......any suggestions on what may be causing the following problem....
Brand new central heating boiler combi boiler and radiators fitted 3 years ago, make as above.
During the 3 yrs it's gone through 3 pumpheads......any idea why?
The system is under warranty parts and labour until next July and am concerned that after then I may be stuck with a regular bill for changing the pumpheads.
Any advice welcome
Thanks

Sponsored Links
Whay make are they?
If Wilo, then it's dirty system water.

What do Viessmann say about it.

Is it a sealed system :confused:

Sponsored Links
Whay make are they?
If Wilo, then it's dirty system water.

Hi....the system is a viesmann and it says viesmann on the pumphead..

To add to this....I mentioned to the repairman that I'd been told by someone that the cause may be dirt in the pipes ....when he replaced the pumphead he said he could tell the system was clean and there was no dirt in the pipes by looking at the pump......is this correct or is the company possibly fobbing me off knowing that its soom out of waranty?
Thanks again

I thought viessman used grundfos. At leat they do at the moment. Unusual to go through 3 without some external problem. If it was dirty though it would be an ideal opportunity for them to invalidate the warranty. Strange one.

Either something wrong with the pumpbody (bit unlikely) or dirty system; can't think of any other reason for pump dying regularly and all else being fine.

its deffinetly a grundfos pump. the whole block is a grunfos design.id have to go for a dirty system.water in a system can look clean but isnt.

viessmann do use grundfos, but all their german bound models use wilo if i remember rightly and a few of the early 100's that came here used wilos.
got to be a dirty system, was it cleaned on installation? id be thinking of a magnaclean or spirovent magna booster and a flush.

excuse my ignorance with regard the viessman 100.
Are all your rads trv'd
Does boiler have integral bypass.
If not do you have bypass on system (see question 1)
Are your pumpheads going at a particular time of the year eg does it coincide with htg season?

I would guess it's an open vented system and been installed wrong or very badly.

I would also like an answer to my earlier question.

"What do Viessmann say"[/quote]

Viesman obviously think system ok otherwise they would use it as there get out.
Might be down to pure bad luck or possibly (guessin here ) auto bypass on boiler not opening and pump , pumping away with no where to go.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back