viessmann annual service and plumber costs

Sponsored Links
Crikey you're in greater London and chaged £100-00p for a service then,moaning about paying for
the inhibitor.Why don't you phone round for quotes cos if you do you'll get a shock,you'll find all sorts of quotes.What has happened is your engineer keeps his price down to keep your custom,in all honesty I think his prices are fair go to BG or SSE and you'll get a shock.It's a well known fact that
firms outside London get work at £100-00p an hour because local firms are too dear.

Well why dont you get BG or SSE in to service it and see exactly what they do on your boiler "service" and see what they charge you then go back to your installer and beg him to keep servicing your boiler correctly

Or even read the last Which report on boiler servicing and what the various companies do.

In all of your postings you have not said how long the engineer took.

Or exactly where you are located.

I charge just £65 in my local area but it would be a lot more in Oxford Street.

The inhibitor needs to be topped up every three years if there has been no loss of water.

The manufacturer does not advise opening the burner every year if the flue gases are within tolerance. So I would only do that every three years. On most boilers that involves extra cost for seals.

You have every right to ask before any work is done what it is likely to cost. I like it when clients do that because it indicates they are sensible people.

Tony

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
None of this seems to refer to the fact Viessmann bang on about not wanting inhibitor in their boilers. Potable water and correct PH is all that's necessary according to the aficionados.

The main reason for inhibitor is to protect the steel in the radiators.

The stainless steel HE in the Viessmann will be unconcerned about any inhibitor or not.

But Inhibitor is rarely used in Germany. Seems they don't have dirty systems there.

Surely, the customer should have had a choice about whether they're system needed a top up of inhibitor or not. The customer could then have made a decision in their interest.

Since the customer had to pay then they have the ultimate choice.

But it would be unwise not to heed the advice of a good and honest engineer.

The stainless steel HE in the Viessmann will be unconcerned about any inhibitor or not.

But Inhibitor is rarely used in Germany. Seems they don't have dirty systems there.

The rubber hoses apparently don't like it and Kamco tell me they sell their machines there so they must be cleaning clean systems. Very fussy those Germans.

Tony I wont mention you already quoting for works that you havent seen as Dan correctly posted that you will, I do a lot of Viessmann warranty wory and the majoroty of problems is dirty systems the boilers absolutely hate them

Surely, the customer should have had a choice about whether they're system needed a top up of inhibitor or not. The customer could then have made a decision in their interest.
I'm not too sure, if the service engineer is also the installer and is providing the warranty and a condition of the warranty is adequate inhibitor.
When your car goes for a service they change and top up lots of fluid levels, they charge for all these and not at internet prices.

Or even read the last Which report on boiler servicing and what the various companies do.

In all of your postings you have not said how long the engineer took.

Or exactly where you are located.

I charge just £65 in my local area but it would be a lot more in Oxford Street.

Tony

I mentioned that on my very first post, the location is Greater London.

The engineer took about one hour and we were chatting at the same time, he is professional with the work and this was never put to question in the entire thread. It was about the manner of charging for an operation done in a matter of minutes while another service operation was already taking place.
Therefore no additional costs or labour were incurred other than sticking a nylon tube in and opening a bottle of 500ml inhibitor.

The system was flushed clean when the boiler was installed two years ago. Nothing dirty there, two radiators are also brand new. The magnaClean filter is almost as shiny as new when pulled out!

But let's be honest, inserting inhibitor into the system is not rocket science.

Tony I wont mention you already quoting for works that you havent seen as Dan correctly posted that you will, I do a lot of Viessmann warranty wory and the majoroty of problems is dirty systems the boilers absolutely hate them

Yes I agree that you haven't seen the works but you didn't ask for more info and neither did Dan, who wants to teach business accounting to his customers before quoting them.

For what is worth I said in the very first post that it was a 2nd year service of a new Viessmann boiler, model posted. That would at least imply the works required by the manufacturer to respect the warranty. If there was anything else that I have not added in, I believe it is now clearly laid out following the Q&A with other posts.

Leaving the non constructive bs aside from some posts (not you personally) I have a clear view this is a rip off. The engineer charges central London figures, good for him.

Thanks

I do a lot of Viessmann warranty wory and the majoroty of problems is dirty systems the boilers absolutely hate them

By the way, how much would you charge for this service given the information you have so far?

The engineer took about one hour and we were chatting at the same time, he is professional with the work and this was never put to question in the entire thread. It was about the manner of charging for an operation done in a matter of minutes while another service operation was already taking place.
Therefore no additional costs or labour were incurred other than sticking a nylon tube in and opening a bottle of 500ml inhibitor.

Yes, probably a valid point as long as you provided the inhibitor and tools and were not expecting the guy to ever take any responsibility for anything relating to the addition of the inhibitor.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back