Vinyl Bubbling, DPM on concrete floor

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Folks,

I recently replaced my bathroom floor and I have found it was bubbling, We kept it like that for 6 months then done away with it and decided to get a new one (Perhaps a dodgy installer). We went with another well reputable company paid for a full stick down and again its starting to bubble.

The original floor was Vinyl ontop of a tanked membrane as the room was originally a wet room. The floor itself is solid concrete slab on the ground floor.

I guess the concrete is just always going to have moisture which ends up underneath the vinyl causing any replacements to bubble.

So my question is would putting a waterproof epoxy ontop of the concrete cure this problem. So that the moisture and air of the slab cannot penetrate through the vinyl and adhesive?

Sponsored Links
When the old vinyl was uplifted the floor should of been left a week to breathe.
Can you post any pics?
If moisture in the floor still you will need a epoxy DPM. That has to go on a smooth surface with no adhesive on the subfloor. Then another layer of smoothing compound screed

Or you could lay on F-Ball Isolator, that would solve the issue quickly.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back