Virgin Email

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello ,

Virgin Media have recently altered their email system , as a result my partner has now lost her sent box emails and has now only one email in her In box. Yet today Virgin are saying they cannot help. What can she do ? I would of thought they would be somewhere on Virgin Medias server surely they can't just dissapear ?

Sponsored Links
I have just checked my Virgin media e-mail account - the one using their web site - and find that all my sent and inbox messages appear to be present. However, my account setting on that site is IMAP, as is the one I have in Thunderbird.
On the other hand, Thunderbird has been problematic and, for that reason, I downloaded Microsoft Office Outlook which I now use as my default e-mail client. Strangely, though, this is listed as POP rather than IMAP. Nevertheless, all messages appear to be in there as well.

I'm sorry that I can't be of more help, but e-mail accounts (along with many other computer-related matters) remain a complete mystery to me!

I do remember, though, that a few years ago I had some e-mail problems and contacted Virgin for help. I wish I hadn't as, at the time, the 'expert' (a woman with a 'foreign accent', so likely an offshore call centre) asked for permission to take control of my computer, which I agreed to. Unfortunately, she advised changing my account details (again which I agreed to, as I trusted Virgin staff to know what they are doing - I don't any more!) and she promptly lost all my messages - received and sent.
Of course, I complained and another expert (Scottish this time) spent several hours talking me through some procedures to restore my inbox messages, but all sent messages were irretrievably lost.

For that reason, I suspect that the Virgin people you spoke to and who said that 'they cannot help' may indeed have been telling the truth.

If I were you, I'd raise a formal complaint with Virgin. I hope you have more success than I did.

Sponsored Links
Back