Visonic Powermax Alarm - Changing the fob battery

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I was having problems with one of the fobs and thought it needed a new battery. I replaced the battery and as I didn't know which of the 4 fobs it was, tried to set it as a new fob number 5. I've obviously done something wrong as one of the other fobs is notlarming or disarming the system. How do I find out which number each fob is, the numbers have come off the back? And how do I clear the fob where I've replaced the battery so I can install it as number 5?

Sponsored Links
I think you'll have to un-enroll all your key fobs and then re-enroll them again.
Section 7.8 and 7.9 of the user manual describes how it's done (Too long to include here)

If you don't have the manual send me a PM and I'll copy the relevant text for you.

Many thanks. We found the original instructions that came with the fob. Looks like all we needed to do was change the battery, the fob should still be programmed. It's at my son's flat so we'll have another go tomorrow. If it still doesn't work, and we manage to get the other 3 to respond, it may mean we need to buy a new fob.

Sponsored Links
The fob should have a preprogrammed transmission code which is retained even if the battery is removed/replaced. The main control box has to "learn" the fob coded signals during the enroll operation. So changing the battery shouldn't have killed the fob. Trying to give it a new number probably screwed up the system so your best bet is to un-enroll that fob then re-enroll it (using the printed procedure) The Visonic system is a pain in the 4rse to set up with the instructions so attempting to do things by trial and error is doomed to failure.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back