Visonic Powermax Complete Panel problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've got a Visonic Powermax Complete wireless alarm. I've had it for over 6 years and its been working without any issues. Couple of weeks ago it stopped responding to the remotes so I looked at the panel and it felt as if the panel was dead. Panel seemed as if it was dead but pressing any key flashed blue light and nothing else. So I replaced the panel battery a week ago and it started working again. But I've got exactly the same problem.
I believe its the mains power but I don't know how to test it. The panel is plugged into mains and the power socket is working.
I'd like to know if I can troubleshoot/fix it myself with your help before calling out someone.

Sponsored Links
panel showing a power fault?
nearly all panels would show a power fault in some way.

you can measure with a multimeter.

Panel is not showing anything right now. Its probably because the batteries don't have enough power now to display anything. As the panel is located behind sofas I only see what's on it if I move the sofa.
I've got the multimeter but won't know how to use it on the panel. Is there any useful guide that can help me?

Sponsored Links
Yes there's no power.
Its actually plugged into a socker which is right next to it. I just did the following to figure out if the power supply could be the issue.
Disconnected the wires from the panel's power supply and plugged them into an extension lead and the extenion lead was working. I then connected in the original wires of the power supply into the panel's power supply and it still had no power. However on both occassion I could hear a tick/tick sound coming from the power supply.
I believe the problem is with the panel's power supply. Would you agree?

not sure I followed that properly.

you removed the plug(power to panel) and plugged in an extension lead?

The extension lead worked.

If that's the case, I would check the fuse in the plug.

longer term it should be a fused spur and not a plug socket so it can just be unplugged.

My bad I didn't explain my troubleshooting properly.
I had an extension lead lying around. I took it apart and removed the electric cable from it. Then I disconnected and removed the power cable which was going into the panel and connected it with the extension lead and extension lead was getting the power. So the plug that's not working with the panel works fine when its supplying power to the extension lead which rules out the fuse in the plug.
You're right, longer term it should be fused spur instead of plug socket.

so in that case your looking at fuses inside the panel, but if they are okay panels goosed

Would it be worth replacing the power supply?
https://www.hunters-wholesalers.co....re-powermax-complete-powermaster-p-98433.html

The panel started working when I had insert new batteries in it last week. I had even armed and disarmed the alarm. I'm guessing the batteries didn't get any AC power so they charge and went flat after sometime?

Thanks for all your help so far in helping me narrow down the issue.

the battery would hav had charge, hence why it worked, it dtopped working because the panel wasn't recharging the battery.

fuses first, if they are okay then loo at pcb or power supply

Thanks once again secureiam.
I've confirmed the fuse inside the plug is fine and its working.
What else should I check/test?
With my limited knowledge I'm certain its the power supply.There's a dark brown area around a chip as if its burnt.
https://imgur.com/0xmttSn

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back