Visonic powermax+ door contact TAMPER OPEN

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've just installed Visonic powermax+ with 3 PIRs and 2 door contacts successfully, it was quite straight forward stuff.
The only thing i couldn't get working is the kitchen door contact, which is saying TAMPER OPEN in the control panel all the time. It was the same which gave me lot of trouble in fitting it as well as my kitchen door is white PVC one and i do think the problem happening because of the same i.e. the door is metal. What i can do to get it installed, as i think majority of the porch, kitchen doors are made of PVC in UK, then how we can get door contact fitted on those, any idea?

Also, when alarm is activated both internal and external siren it takes 4-5 secs to stop when i press disarm on the key-fob, is it normal?

Regards
Faraz

Sponsored Links
Check the tamper.

Remove it and just hold it all closed and try to set.

I think your getting the last activation shown, just set the thing.

So you're saying it's not the metal door which is causing problem?

I tried removing it and the tamper was gone but then i did the diagnostic check and it came back again :(

Its seeing the last signal.
Take it off, fit it to a bit of wood. Check the tamper closes when the lid shuts. ( The led blinks) set the system.
Put back on metal door flush.
Do the above.

Sponsored Links
Thanks Alarm, really not getting time to try it btw iv'e tried connecting the phone line with the control panel. It was so difficult to peel the phone line wires and plug them in those tiny holes i don't know why they haven't provided a jack for that.

Anyway is there a way i can test that alarm making calls to my assigned private numbers without activating alarm? As i tried setting reports to All so that i can get phone call on arm/disarm or power failure but not recieving any calls. I can connect to the control panel via phone call as it does play a continous tone for 10 seconds but it's not responding with any of my commands i.e. status check etc.

Please help or guide me to a right place where i can ask these questions.

Many thanks
Faraz

There is a telephone jack RJ11 at the back. But never had any difficulty with the screw terminals.

One way of testting without tripping would be "latchkey" assign a code to that and set, then unset. It will tell you the suer that unset and the time. ( User codes 5-8 can be gievn latchkey attribute, basically you give that to children so you see what time they come home from school).

You did use 4.5.17 Set private phone number and not ARC/Central Station?

The place where Rj11 jack should be is empty on the PCB as i can see the mark there but no jack. There's X10 jack so not sure if that can be used for the phone jack. will try the latch key thing.

Yes i've added my mobile number in the private numbers like 07*** i.e. with no area code etc. i hope that shouldn't be a problem.

Sure its the Plus then?

Check GSM is turned off and not set as primary.

Going to be very old stock I would have thought.
Any warranty stickers on the panel/box?

Although warranties should start from purchase date.
So dont panic too much.

The back of control panel says this:

PWRMAX+ (868) Quick Fit
P/N: 90-200910 Rev:H

and there's no warranty sticker :(

Try engineers 4.12 that will give the panel seriel number embedded in the chip.

I think you have a 2009 panel.

Just tried the latch key alerting but didn't recieve any call :(

I deleted the position 2 keyfob and then added it at position 5. Then press Away twice within 2 sec to arm in latch mode. After few seconds i disarmed using the same keyfob but no luck. Any idea?

Also are you saying that my panel is 2009 model it means it doesn't have the phone jack and the newer models are coming with the phone jack?

I'm going away on holidays in 4-5 days time and that was the reason i bought the alarm really frustrated now. Still have to sort out the kitchen door contact as well.

Thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back