Vista guide

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
anyone know where i can download a free guide on how to use windows vista because i dont want to buy 1 as i dont normally read books but i just want a free guide to refeer to :D

Sponsored Links
i jus want a free guide to use windows vista i have vista but dont kno how to use all the features like :LOL:

You can start by telling us what you want to do, have you tried the built in help files and the microsoft website, also google?

Sponsored Links
Sparky18 said:
i jus want a free guide to use windows vista i have vista but dont kno how to use all the features like :LOL:
You've posted more times than most wind-up merchants usually do, but I'm sorry to have to say that this feels 100% like a wind-up.

I jus new to electrical im still trying to understand things n learning ow to resolve issues dont mean to be windin up. I got a new vista comp and i jus want to know how you use the aero dymanic thing

There's a tutorial, and guide, and help, built into it.

Click on Start to start...

Im using vista home preminum see ive just got the computer with it but im still using XP on my laptop.

I have windows vista home preminum coming to me i ordered it off the internet when installing it do i lose all my programs / work and also do all my XP programs work on vista, soz to post it on this topic but it seems more relivent where you guys are already talking about it.

OP, if you go to the windows button, click Help and Support there are a few items in there which may interest you.
Stephen07, I think it may depend what type of version you have brought, have you brought an upgrade version? It is always advisable to backup everything which you want to keep before starting to do anything like this. Is it the 64bit version?

Sparky18 said:
I jus new to electrical im still trying to understand things n learning ow to resolve issues dont mean to be windin up. I got a new vista comp and i jus want to know how you use the aero dymanic thing
Windows Aero is the glass type effect you see around windows - see how you can see the picture through the window frame?
Aero1.JPG

The third button from the left.......
Aero3.JPG

...will bring up this display. You can scroll through the windows with the mouse wheel. If you click on a particular window it'll go to that screen.
Aero2.JPG

There's not really much difference to XP for the average user it's just a bit prettier.
There's a handy "snipping tool" in accessories that allows you to easily grab a section of the screen and save it as a small image file.

Cheers guys well i can now tell you since i got the disc yesterday its windows vista home preminum and its 32 bit and yes i think its an upgrade.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Also another thing i am worried about i have microsoft office 2003 but when i do install vista home preminum will office 2003 still work or will i have to go out and buy the new office 2007?

please read the forum rules

Stephen07 said:
Cheers guys well i can now tell you since i got the disc yesterday its windows vista home preminum and its 32 bit and yes i think its an upgrade.
Good luck with that.

Also another thing i am worried about i have microsoft office 2003 but when i do install vista home preminum will office 2003 still work or will i have to go out and buy the new office 2007?
MS claim that it's compatible, so try it and see, then let us know how you get on. :D

Sponsored Links
Back