Vitara DRIVING OFF LINE

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I POSTED RECENTLY ABOUT MY VITARA PULLING TO ONE SIDE WHEN I DRIVE . I ONLY RECIEVED ONE REPLY BUT I AM STILL IN NEED OF ADVICE. IF I HOLD THE WHEEL IN THE STRAIGHT POSITION IT IS FINE THEN IF I LET GO WHILE DRIVING THE STEERING MOVES BY ITS SELF TO AN OFF LINE POSITION, THIS HAPPENS THE SECOND I LET GO. i CAN ACTUALLY SEE THE STEERING WHEEL MOVING BY ITS SELF.
AS I MENTIONED IN THE EARLIER POST I HAD THE TRACKING CHECKED TWICE AND THATS FINE. ANY ADVICE PLEASE.

MICHAEL

Sponsored Links
Pulling to one side means either: tracking; tyre pressures and condition; broken spring; upset wheel geometry due to collision, etc; worn suspension joints. Thats it really! John :)

Pulling to one side means either: tracking; tyre pressures and condition; broken spring; upset wheel geometry due to collision, etc; worn suspension joints. Thats it really! John :)
I agree, with burnerman, also worth checking, are either of the front wheels dragging? jack up each in turn and check for play in the wheel bearings, or stiffness of rotation ie. brake drag.

Ps Do you know how to turn off the caps lock?

Wotan

Tracking won't make it pull to one side, just wear the tyres out. Check the distance between your back and front wheels both sides and make sure they are the same, also park it on level ground and use a spirit level vertically on both front wheels to check the camber angle, they should lean in slightly at the bottom by the same ammount. If any of these measurements are out, as already mentioned, the suspension could be damaged or the rubber bushes worn.

Peter

Sponsored Links
Could a sticking brake caliper cause uneven pull?

Yep, sure could.
Along with ball joints, knackered wheel bearing, tyre pressure, uneven wear on a tyre etc etc.
Don't rule out the problem being with the back end of the car either.

Back