voker linea 24, filling loop question with pic

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
okay having a good few problems with my boiler but first i've lost pressure and have to re-pressure the system now the instructions say about putting in filling loop, open the iscolating valve ( which i cant find ) move the filling valve into fill until u get the desired pressure then move the filling valve back into the normal position. then close the iscolating valve. the istructions give a picture but they arnt the best, i need to know were the iscolating valve is as its not obvious to me. basically i tried filling pressure on boiler and try removing filling loop and lost pressure soon as i tried to remove it

pic of bottom of boiler
http://img215.imageshack.us/img215/794/picslh2.jpg

and before it mentioned the dodgy repair ain't mine, that will need looking at to.

wanna have a look at it b4 calling someone in, or at least save me a bit of cash.

Sponsored Links
Turn the valve on the right hand pipe as indicated on the handle. Presurise to 1 Bar MAX.

Suggest you look at the left hand connection. Almost sure this is leaking. Does not look like the boiler has seen a service or has seen a cleaning rag for many a year. Would also suggest the pipes under the boiler be 'looked at'. Connections do not look very proffesional

and the prv and gas connections both look aborted too. :eek:

Sponsored Links
Suggest you look at the left hand connection. Almost sure this is leaking. Does not look like the boiler has seen a service or has seen a cleaning rag for many a year. Would also suggest the pipes under the boiler be 'looked at'. Connections do not look very proffesional

checked it there has been a leak at some point im guessing but the area dry

Turn the valve on the right hand pipe as indicated on the handle. Presurise to 1 Bar MAX.
i know how to fil the system i just cant remove the filling loop as i lose the pressure, its either there is a iscolating valve as the istructions say that i can figure out what it is or at the other end its a non return valve, im unsure

On the left hand connection as we look at it is a non-return valve. These are notorious for sticking one way or the other.

Put a new one on, an easy job.

On the left hand connection as we look at it is a non-return valve. These are notorious for sticking one way or the other.

Put a new one on, an easy job.

cheers m8 was just about to put a pick up showing it, has an arrow pointing up, these easy to get? guessing it just sticking open, i have a very slow pressure loss, no signs of leaks. possible its going back to the cold fill? but i would expet there to be more pressure on the fill and still theres the fill tap that should be closed

The cold mains is usually always more pressure then the boiler, so it should not, in theory, back fill the mains.

But we all know what theory does :eek: :LOL:

The cold mains is usually always more pressure then the boiler, so it should not, in theory, back fill the mains.

But we all know what theory does :eek: :LOL:

Supose only one way to find out is replace the non return valve! with this valve having a problem then maybe once ive sorted it i should leave the filling loop in just incase a new one was to fail?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back