Vokera 24e Hot water delay

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Good morning,

I do hope someone can provide some advise as I'm at my wits end with this.

I have a Vokera Maxim 24e combi boiler. The hot water is taking longer and longer to come through to the tap. I have had the diaphragm changed but the problem still persists. I've had two engineers round and they can't find whats wrong.

Can anyone on here shed any light on what might be the problem?

Many thanks

Tom

Sponsored Links
Where in the country are you?

Clearly the people who have visited you so far do not appear to understand boiler operation.

Plenty regulars on here who have hands on experience of repairing boilers instead of changing parts.

If the diaphragm has been replaced on your boiler, and that has made no difference, the engineer would need to be in front of the boiler to diagnose and effect repairs unless you are able to post your finding from relevant tests carried out.

Hi Dp,

Thank you for your comments.

I'm based in Huddersfield, West Yorkshire. The only tests I know what have been done are on the flow switch which works fine.

When the tap in turned the fan on the boiler does not come on you can just here water passing through the boiler and eventually (approx 1.5 mins) the pin pushes up and switches the flow switch on.

Sponsored Links
Does it work ok if you run 2 taps at the same time?

Could be a slight blockage in the pipes, or could be that the pin in the diaphragm assembly has not been greased properly or slightly bent.

Hi dave,

It takes just as long with 2 taps turned. Which pipes could be blocked by the way?

many thanks

I was thinking of the two small ones on the top of the diaphragm unit.

Did they check whether there is an inlet filter on the cold supply cock and if so whether it is partially blocked?

Dave,]

Don't think they checked much by the looks of things!

I thought those small suilver pipes came out of the central heating diaphragm valve, will this still have an effect?

Someone at work suggested that they might have put the diaphragm in the wrong way! Would I be able to check this?

Thanks again

That is a possibility, I done that on a worcester a while back and had the same type of fault. That was in the days before I stopped doing work on worcesters before anyone says anything :oops: :LOL: .

The 2 small pipes supply the pressure to the diaphragm to tell it to work I believe, pure theory is not my strong point :rolleyes:

The diaphragm can only go one way. If it were reversed, thrust plate would not fit.

Just what exactly has been changed,

The hot water diaphragm is in the brass housing that the small silver coloured pipes connect to. (bottom left of boiler)

When the tap is run, does the pin come out of the diverter (again bottom left with a microswitch fastened to the right hand side of it)

Does the pin push the switch?

When the tap is turned the pin moves out very slowly and eventually switches the flow switch on and starts the boiler.

Hope this helps???

Pin should switch the microswitch almost instantly, 1 - 2 seconds at most.

The diaphragm should be checked again.

I went to one recently where the diaphragm was replaced only two months before.

The diaphragm looked like new but there was a split about 3 mm from the edge for about 20 mm. I did not even notice it at first!

If the diaphragm really is OK then the two tubes should be checked to see neither is blocked.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back