Vokera 29C OpenTherm

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

Firstly thanks in advance for any and all help.
I've done some searching and think I'm right but wanted to sanity check before committing.

We have an Vokera Easi-Heat 29c currently connected to an EvoHome system. I am looking to make it a bit more efficient and convert to the OpenTherm bridge/protocol (internet seems to estimate 10-20% efficiency saving?).
I have local gas registered engineer who can do the work on the boiler but is fairly clueless when it comes to the smart side of things (I had to spec and source the EvoHome system for him to fit).
Looking through this forum; it looks like he can fit part Vokera Controls Interface 29450143 to the boiler main board, connect that to an EvoHome OpenTherm Bridge and everyone can dance off into the sunset with smiles on faces?

Am i completely wrong or is it really that (relatively) simple?

Cheers!

Sponsored Links
It is that simple but I can't guarantee the evohome will control domestic hot water temperature. It didn't use to but HW may have updated it. You can definitely do what you want to, write back if there's an issue with DHW temperature. There's a workaround.

10 to 15% improvement is an internet figure; I suspect it's usually from installers or customers who may well have achieved that but some of the improvement will probably have come from other measures carried out at the same time, not from the control alone (I'm conservative when it comes to making claims). The EU technical committees reckon 3% from OpenTherm control added to the boiler, 2% from weather compensation and 4% if both are fitted together (you can do this with Vokera controls but I don't know whether Evo allows this or how it interacts with the boiler).

@vulcancontinental thank you for such a quick reply.
I've reached out to Resideo to see if DHW control has been added as I would like to just get the installer out once rather than install, fail, and then commit a workaround.

I believe the standard EvoHome controller does do some weather compensation (I may well be wrong) so I think realistically I'd be looking at 2-3% as we have already fitted a smart system and this would just be fine tuning on top. So it won't save loads of money and looking 3-5 year ROI depending on gas prices... but still worthwhile if it can work :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back