vokera boiler, no heat upstairs ,fine downstairs

i would doubt it very much they put in all new pipework when fitting new combi, that plastic stuff, so not that ?

Sponsored Links
Is it barrier pipe - had loads of plastic blocking up

not sure if called barrier pipe its grey plastic pipe 15mm all over, how would that be unblocked, would not draining the system ie upstairs rads then refilling not discount blockage?

Sponsored Links
bingo= divertor valve stuck? where is divertor valve in vokera 24e cant see it in manual guys?

It's an electronic actuator on the left hand side. It clips onto the water section of the diverter valve. The stuffing box on the water side that stops water leaking through the pin has a tendancy to wear after a while and allow a small leak. This often results in the pin getting crudded up and sticking so the actuator can't push it. It sometimes get's into the actuator and rusts a small spring into oblivion. Have to mention though, if the diverter was stuck mid-position all you have to do is start from cold and run a hot tap. See if the ch flow pipe starts to heat up.

actually you could be onto something here im sure i noticed downstairs rads heat up when hot water is running... so do i need new parts or dismantle and clean up ? cheers

addendum.
you'll find that the old stuffing box (part no 6919) won't want to come ot of the housing so you'll end up buying a front section (part no 2904) as well. If the hot water delivery is poor it could be that the actuator spring inside has dissolved and you need a new actuator (part no 2905). I would do the water side first however and you can always go back and get an actuator. Remember to wire wool the pin and grease with silicone grease when it's in bits! Good luck. Buy a figure of 8 gasket for the front section as well (christ I don't know ALL of the part numbers!!!)

ok cheers for that weargas and everyone else who has helped ,, will post back findings after attemted repair,, cheers

hi weargas checked once system cooled if ch pipe got hot when running hot water tap, nope, all seems ok there , so i take it its not actuator/ divertor then?
cheers

ok will check pipework at rads im thinking blockage myself now, there was loads of sludge i one of the rads upstairs think it may be in pipework? will keep updated cheers guys.

Is it barrier pipe - had loads of plastic blocking up
ok will check pipework at rads im thinking blockage myself now, there was loads of sludge i one of the rads upstairs think it may be in pipework? will keep updated cheers guys.
Had you mentioned the sludge earlier it would have been diagnosed some what sooner ;)

mm that might have been an idea :rolleyes: anyways stripped out pipework and yep blocked pipes, all up and running a ok now , whats best to keep sludge at bay? cheers all who helped guys,,

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back