Vokera combi boiler very rapid cycling

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I found a post on here with a similar problem and have been advised to start a new thread as this is for a different brand. This looks a very good site!

We are having a big problem with hot water supply to taps and the shower, especially upstairs.
Hot water will heat rapidly then go stone cold after just a few seconds before cycling to hot again, repeating ad infinitum. It makes showering very difficult and uncomfortable!

The boiler is a Vokera Unica 32HE combi boiler that's been fitted for about five years in a very hard water area. I suspect the heat-exchanger is blocked and so not running efficiently.

Can anybody give any thoughts or advice on this, please? I don't want to disassemble a system if it might be just a stuck valve I haven't spotted!

Many thanks.
Thomas

Sponsored Links
Hi Thomas,

I suspect you are correct as it can’t disspipate the heat from the boiler quick enough, but you shouldn’t rule out other possibilities, such as the pump or diverter valve.

With the Heating cold, run a hot tap and when the boiler fires, feel the heating flow and return and see if either heats up, if they do it is a divertor valve problem, if not yes likely your plate HX is scaled, your boiler is a decent enough boiler but really must be serviced properly every year and not just a poke and go with a flue gas analyser.

Sponsored Links
With the Heating cold, run a hot tap and when the boiler fires, feel the heating flow and return and see if either heats up, if they do it is a divertor valve problem, if not yes likely your plate HX is scaled, your boiler is a decent enough boiler but really must be serviced properly every year and not just a poke and go with a flue gas analyser.
I ran the tap and checked all pipes to be sure I hadn't got the wrong one and only one pipe heated up.
By your post, I think that's the heat exchanger found out.

Thank you!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back