Vokera compact 24

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello + Help

I am having an issue with my Compact 24 boiler. I have just replaced the heat exchanger due to an internal leak resulting in the DHW side of things pressurising the CH, this now seems to be OK but :

The DHW is working perfectly (tap on -boiler fires- hot water) but when the CH is asked to operate the boiler goes through its starting sequence and starts and fires as normal with a soild green light but after 10 - 15 seconds it cuts out only to try and restart after approx 5 mins where it will go through the same sequence.

I have pressurised the vessel to 1 bar , checked the primary thermister and the high limit sensor.

I thought removing four pipes and two sensors would be a piece of cake, how wrong was i.

Kenny :cry:

UPDATE - After 5 hours and pulling whats left of my hair out i am still NO further forward. CH still not staying on after 10 or so seconds , swaped the primary + secondary thermisters , removed the high limit sensor from the heat exchanger. One thing i have noticed is that when i crack the thermister on the side of the heat exchanger there is air escaping which tells me that there is still air within the sealed system. The two closest radaitors are starting to get warm but the boiler is not on long enough for the remaining rads to start heating, i have bled all the remaining rads on the system.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back