Vokera cutting out after 15 minutes

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have an old vokera combi and since last night, it's only working for around 15 minutes at a time.

It works normally in that time - no odd noises, all smooth, and the house heats up normally. But then it just stops. Red light, no flashing.

When I first had it installed, it needed a new siphon each winter for the first three years. Could this be the same thing? It's old (about 14 years) so I can't remember what it was doing back then to know if it is!

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
If there's a siphon makes me think it's a condensing boiler, has it been serviced properly. But yes, model would help.

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW
Sorry, it's a Compact HE.

Yes, condensing boiler. I've just had a closer look and the water pressure was a little low so I've upped that a bit.

• Thanks
If the water pressure is low ignition will stop for 15 minutes to allow the user time to top up. If no increase after 15 minutes, red light lockout. We'll see if that's it because firing should have stopped so not convinced yet.

it needed a new siphon each winter for the first three years
Why would it ever need a new syphon ? I have literally hundreds of these on my books and never changed a syphon on one, sounds like yours needs cleaning, it is literally a lump of plastic, why would you replace it ?

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Why would it ever need a new syphon ? I have literally hundreds of these on my books and never changed a syphon on one, sounds like yours needs cleaning, it is literally a lump of plastic, why would you replace it ?

I'm wondering whether it has the condensate sensor linked to the pressure switch or the probe in the recuperator.

I'm wondering whether it has the condensate sensor linked to the pressure switch or the probe in the recuperator.
Yes it does mate, thats why I think the condensate is backing up and switching the boiler off then gradually draining away, boiler can then come back on, then repeat, dont know why but the condensate trap on them collects so much more than Full steamers, an absolute must that they are cleaned on anuall service, but as said have never replaced one yet OP has had 3 ?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back