vokera linea 24...heeeelp!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
yesterday i changed a themostat control on my radiator because the old one had a slow leak,which i thought was the problem causing my pressure to slowly drop.I took off the old rad valve and drained of the water,then fitted the new one,when i filled up the boiler again it made a hell of a noise and the pressure was at 0 i stopped filling and had a read of inst. book.In the book it said code 4 was low pressure so i tried filling more, it went up i set it at 1.3 and tried but it still made noise,i turned the yellow gas tap on and off,nothing.Upon further reading of book i tried the troubleshoot guide at back which said turn heating knob to hot water only setting and check error code which is 04 the guide said replace pcb.I took of cover to have a look at pcb but could'nt see any visible damage checked fuses..o.k,on the bigger pcb(back one) there was a small black pole switch which i pressed(thinking it was reset) when i tried to turn on again nothing not even led or light anyon any ideas,if pcb needs replacing which one small one(at front wher knob connects and led) or the bigger one on top?

Sponsored Links
(1) your noise may be due to air in boiler so make sure auto air vent is open
(2) the selector knobs on vokera linea's are very fragile plastic so you may have broken the middle one

i've got the led display working again so according to the manual an 04 error code is a broken pcb but i read on here a guy with the same problem it was his pump how can i tell which it is inition pcb or pump ?its not the selector switch thats working

Check the pump first, suround it with an old towel undo the bleed screw aproach carefully with flat of screwdriver, if it gets knocked and rattled pump is running, if it doesn't twist it on slot of impeller shaft pump should start. Reset boiler to make it want to start pump at appropriate time.

If pump seized and this doesn't start it, then drain below pump (I don't recommend isolating boiler), take head off, examine and turn impellor to free it up, clean and reassemble. Refill and check again. Does it now start? Yes?

Put cleanser into system, cleanse (for prescribed period depending which chemical you use) drain, re- fill drain, fill again with inhibitor.

Not the pump? Check flow switch.

Last thing on this earth it will be is pcb but if it is it is the first one you come to.

Sponsored Links
thanks for the help so it's more than likely the pump im a novice so could you please send me a more novice friendly version of checking my pump? is the screw you mentioned the silver one at front and if so do i take it right out and is electric supply cut of during this cheer's

It is, you get wet, hence the towel, and no you can't check it is working with electricity supply cut off. If you can't stand the heat get out of the kitchen. What we do is dangerous, take precautions.

so i leave leccy on and put selector knob on hot water setting then unscrew the silver screw on front how much do i unscrew small turn or all the way cheer's for help anyway

Why not try some hands on, you'll soon find out? We don't have time to talk so much about a simple job like that we just let our hands guide us. You will never emulate us if you can't be more hands on.

Ps, obviously you have felt the pump and it is lifeless or you wouldn't need to go this far. Don't let me lead you down an unnmecessary trail, use your senses to guide you.

got it working not quite sure how took head of pump and wired up to mains pump still working cleaned of some of the black rusty **** around grommet (was'nt much but took it off anyhow) put it back together filled up again bled rads(none needed it) the reset pressure to 1.4 fired her up and voila means i'll get a shag tonight post shower.....cheer's for your limited help

Give a man a fish, you feed him for a day, show him how to fish, you feed him for life. I figured it was time for working not for talking. That's what you needed a kick in the right direction.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back