Vokera Linea 735 Error Code 04

could try bleeding an upstairs rad, this would tell you if there is any pressure in system.

Sponsored Links
no water in the radiators upstairs - water present in the radiators downstairs. Had the filler tap on for about 20 mins and still no water getting to upstairs radiators although I think I can hear it.

Plumber guy came in from a couple of doors away and disconnected the braided metal pipe that runs from filler tap to inlet valve and water was coming out.

Inlet valve - can't see any silver thing at end of hose but there is a manual black suare tap that was open. Have cosed and opened and all seems OK.

How long should it take to fully pressurize - like I say sod all coming out of upstairs radiators

The non return valve is blocked. You need a new one.

Its what the braided hose connects to (opposite side to black tap)

Brass thing with a little arrow pointing in the direction of flow.

but when the braided pipe was disconnected and plumber from next door turned the filler tap on, water was coming out of that valve in the direction of the arrow

Sponsored Links
It will do , that's from the cold main , take the advice and get a new non return valve fitted, end of story!

but when the braided pipe was disconnected and plumber from next door turned the filler tap on, water was coming out of that valve in the direction of the arrow

You have not understood what you have been told.

I am talking about the other end.

Look under boiler....second valve from the left has a little brass casting fastened into it( the braided hose fastens into it).
That is the non return valve.

Its kaput.

Very easy to change and doesn't involve touching any gas parts so why not DIY?

OK,
Accept you guys are experts but earlier descriptions have thrown me a bit.

So we are now talking about a connection at the opposite end of where the filler tap is. The braided pipe at the opposite end connects to another brass coupling that has a black square knob on it which say's 'Vokera Adjustable Stopcock'.
Is it that brass coupling/valve that need's replacing or the larger dome shaped thing to the left of it that connects to the main copper pipe that appears to feed into the boiler and also off to the rest of the house?

Can you post a picture?

There seems to be some confusion because there are two versions of the Linea that are a bit different in that area.

Sorry for any confusion.

If you post a picture we will tell you the part you need.

You have the "other version"

Your non return valve is at the right hand end of the braided hose.

Make sure the black tap on the left hand side of the hose is off.

Undo braided hose (any end)

There should be no water at this point.

Slowly pull the little black lever on the right hand side (the boiler filling tap)

Is there any water released?

Yes,
Like I said in an earlier post, when plumber came round and disconnected the braided pipe from both ends and turned the filler tap on - water gushed out

then the entry into the ballvalve is blocked.......i dont want to blow my own trumpet buuuutt......... :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back