Vokera Linea 24, not getting up to Temp on Heating or water

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Problem as above when the hot tap is on the boiler fires up but quickly shuts off, so the water is slightly warmed then flows cold the boiler continually cycles on and off, with out getting to a constant high temperature, this happens on the hot water and central heating....

The diagphram has been changed, yes the old one had pin hole in it, but the boiler still does not get to Temperature...

Any suggestions as to the cause :?:

Sponsored Links
What diaphragm did you change?

Boiler has two thermistors. Unlikely bothe are defective ( note boiler malfunction for CH AND HW).

Get boiler serviced. Do not come back and say boiler has been serviced if service took 15 minutes or so !!!

if it cycles on and off rapidly on both ch+hw then its most likely the ignition pcb at fault.

Sponsored Links
Please quote the seconds on and seconds off to enable us to better diagnose the possible cause.

Could also be a slow or blocked pump.

Tony

With the Hot water on the boiler switches on for about three seconds then off for about four seconds, and repeats approx cycle, the initial on phase may be a little longer, but not much!

Hope this helps the Diagnoses

The ignition is common to the heating and the hot water.

Such a short cycle time is typical of an ignition fault.

However, most ignition faults would cause the boiler to lock out, but not all!

I would therefore first be checking the fan/venturi/APS as thats free to clean or cheap to renew the APS.

Afterwards, if that did not identify the cause I would be suspecting a lack of flame detection. That would be electrode, lead or PCB.

Tony

Dan scotland said:
With the Hot water on the boiler switches on for about three seconds then off for about four seconds, and repeats approx cycle, the initial on phase may be a little longer, but not much!

Hope this helps the Diagnoses

if does that on ch as well then its almost certain to be the ign pcb

Fan seems fine, Ok got it Air pressure switch... all seems OK time to get profesional ...

any service engineers that can be recommended in the Hamilton Area?

Water in Glasgow has pH 0f 7. Cannot imagine Hamilton water quality will be all that different.

I suspect lack of modulation is only present during HW mode.

I am based in Bearsden and can easily carry out service/ repairs in Hamilton.

Sounds good to me do you have mobile no or works no?

one boiler engineer has been suggested, been contacted but no response yet, so will give 24 hrs to contact..

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back