Vokera Options Combi Boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
:( Boiler suddenly refuses to ignite with red light staying on all the time ( not flashing ) Fan seems to be running ok but no spark at electrode. Can Anyone offer any suggestions.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
If there is definately no spark, obviously it will be the ignition electrode.
if your mistaken about this, it must be the gas valve....E

have you checked tubes to air pressure switch are not blocked / twisted. is the air pressure switch working? if fitted with zero governor instead, check pressure.

Dont know this boiler off by heart but I would agree and go for the air pressure switch with this one, they can also be upset if it relies on the seal of the combustion chamber being airtight for a pressure differential, tubes have to be a fairly good fit. The ignition sequence will not start until the boiler recognises the fact the fan is running (air switch made) hence no spark.
One to check, spiders love boiler flues and webs are a favourite in Scotland for blocking these tubes in the air side of the flue, blow the tubes through, if you suck or blow them attached to the air switch you should hear an audible click, boiler off mind or it may light up!!
Hope this helps :D

Sponsored Links
then again what are u doing taking the case off ? are u CoMbetant compattent compuitint QUALLIFIED phew

I think this whole site operates on a small measure of common sense, I think all us 'experts' expect the advice given to be a guide to analysing a fault not definitive plans of action. Are we supposed to answer every question with ' leave it , call a professional'. Lets give folk a wee bit of come and go within reason .

u cant give a bit at all when it comes to gas do u want to kill people ? it is all too easy to say ahh its only this once
i say let them pay the proper players to do there work no ifs or buts = SAFETY

gas isnt the only thing here we cant ever forget co can we wake up u ohh u cant your too busy dieing with co poisoning ah at least u saved a few quid huh

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back