vokera riello loosing pressure, how to figure out why?

No open all the radiator valves so that the raadiators will heat up, and record what the boiler pressure is before you switch the heating on, then turn the heating on and check the pressure guage after 30 mins with the heating running and see what the gauge now reads

Sponsored Links
Ive had the heating off (apart from tap) for 24 hours and boiler pressure has remained the same at 1.2 bars which is unusual as normally in 24 hours it will have lost about 1/4 of a bar when heating is on.

Anyhow, OK the boiler is at 1.2 bars, opened all the radiator valves, pressure stays at 1.2 bars, then turned the heating on, boiler is still at 1.2 bars....will now wait 30 mins to see what happens.

ok been 30 mins now and the pressure has actually risen just very very slightly to almost 1.3 bars

Sponsored Links
Thats fine your expansion vessel is operating correctly, next test is you will have a 15mm pipe going to outside from your boiler, should be turned back towards the outside wall, but not always, locate this and tie a balloon or freezer bag or something on the end and see if any water accumulates in there

it will go outside through the wall, pics arent great but guessing its the one with the receiver for the thermostat on it , the white box with the light and cable, if that pipe goes through the wall to outside then that is it, that installation is a disgrace

Thanks, I have put a freezer bag around and under and where the the cooper pipe meets the back wall which I presume goes outside, its the only pipe I can find that goes though the back wall. It was indeed the pipe which the receiver thermostat is sitting on , on this picture:

https://ibb.co/vZ7zG8k

You can not see in that picture where the pipe disappears in to the wall as the white thermostat is covering the part of the pipe that goes into the wall.

Theres loads of condensation on these pipes that I put a red arrow next to, is that ok?

https://ibb.co/b5sRQRy

The Bar is back down to 1.2 bars now since the heating has gone off. Normally over night it will go down loads, so I will check in the morning.

Lanarkshire has the best curry house on the West belt of Scotland. :)

Ive been checking it daily and its stayed at 1.2 bars, checked midnight last night it was 1.2 bars, c hecked just now and its 1.1 1/2 bars. no water in the freezer bag.

That is the cold water inlet, common to get condensation on it, if there is no water in the freezer bag then the PRV and expansion vessel are ok

The pressure guage will alter when the pump is running and when the water heats up, if it is holding at 1.2 Bar it is fine at that, it will change when the boiler is on but if when cold it holds at that just forget about it

BTW that tiny square of dots on the label bottom left of the case holds all the information you need to identify the model and all parts of the Vokera. Take a pic with a QR reader app on your phone and it'll give you all the information you need.

The pressure guage will alter when the pump is running and when the water heats up, if it is holding at 1.2 Bar it is fine at that, it will change when the boiler is on but if when cold it holds at that just forget about it

The boiler is now down to 1.0 bars and is staying at that, well since yesterday anyhow when yesterday it was at 1.1 bars. What do you think?

Wow, not the prettiest installation is it? Still, buy cheap, get cheap I suppose. Are you able to operate your gas emergency control valve to shut the gas off if you need to? Your photos are really blurry but it looks like it might be blocked by another pipe :-/

As to your pressure loss, it does sound like you have a small leak somewhere, but not much you can do until you find a damp patch

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back