vokera riello loosing pressure, how to figure out why?

Yes you have an expansion problem, probably just the vessel needs re-charged or communication hose is blocked, when you put your heating on the boiler pressure guage will go up near 3 bar, you have been advised about this so many times

Sponsored Links
Well my heating has been off ie the heating ie rads dont come on unless it gets below a certain temperature in the house and rads not been on since April and the boiler has stayed at exactly the same spot 1bar , until now (Sept) the heating has been back on for the last week and the boiler pressure has dropped to 0.5 bars!!
An engineer has checked the boiler over and can not find any fault with the boiler and no leaks from the boiler.

What could this indicate where the fault lyes?

That the leak is outside the boiler.

Sponsored Links
JUst Pumps, yes has resurfaced as its a ongoing issue and sadly somethings can not be resolved within a short time. I wish it had, its been very stressful for me this issue. I thought issue was resolved as been all summer and not had to top it up once. Sadly not.
The boiler started to loose pressure last year around oct, then continued until the heating went off in April this year and it stayed at 1 bar since April this year and now heating is back on the boiler is loosing pressure again.
Although whats strange is the Chrome Towel Radiator in the bathroom is turned off but just checked it and it had alot of water around the valve on one side. But how can that be if rad is turned off?
Vokera guys came out twice in the Spring this year and could not find any faults. I pressume he checked the expansion and checked if they vessel needs re-charged or communication hose is blocked.
The pressure seldom rises when heating is on, sometimes only a tiny bit.

Really only mentioned it as it has popped up somewhere else as a new post today and I`ve been sucked in to old posts before.

Just some posters will not listen when you tell them what the problem is , if it does not agree with what they want to hear

not in my case as how can it be an expansion problem if the Vokea Engineer who was out twice did not see it? Surley he would have,

not in my case as how can it be an expansion problem if the Vokea Engineer who was out twice did not see it? Surley he would have,
Because every employer has good and bad engineers, just because he was a Vokera Engineer doesnt mean he was a good one , was your boiler isolated for 24 hours then the engineer returned to test if it was boiler or system related ?

Because every employer has good and bad engineers, just because he was a Vokera Engineer doesnt mean he was a good one , was your boiler isolated for 24 hours then the engineer returned to test if it was boiler or system related ?

Nope, it was not.

Had another independant tradesman out to look at boiler and the bathroom rad where I thought it was leaking. He said doesnt seem to be leaky probs just water from the shower splashing on it. He had a look at outside and said it looked dry. I said maybe its the expansion but he dismissed that. I said well its going down to zero every 2 -3 weeks that cant be right, he didnt seem concerned.
I have since checked the tops of the rads which I didnt know you had to also do. The living room rad and the bedroom rad had water on and around the nut part, not sure whats thats called but heres a pic of it. Could this be a leak? Could this be causing the boiler to lose pressure? How can I stop it leaking? ie turning it or tightening it? if so how? which parts? which direction? thanks all in advance.

https://imgur.com/gctVm5R

https://imgur.com/hQjSSSu

yep that is or has been leaking, turn off both radiator valves, open the bleed valve till water stops , remove the plug clean it up, good wrap of PTFE and tighten back up, have towel handy as some water will come out when you remove the plug

Thanks so much, could this be why the boiler is loosing pressure?

Is there a video on Youtube showing how to do this? What would I specifcally search for in the search button?

I have bought some tools to fix this, I bought:

Diall White PTFE tape (L)12m (W)12mm
Sentinel Leak sealer, 50ml
Magnusson 8" Adjustable Wrench
Magnusson S2 steel PZ0 Pozidriv Screwdriver (L)75mm
Magnusson S2 steel PZ0 Pozidriv Screwdriver (L)75mm
Magnusson S2 steel PZ2 Pozidriv Screwdriver (L)125mm
Rothenberger 10" Water pump pliers

Is that everything I need to do this? If anything else is needed toolwise, can you tell me what thanks again.

Its also leaking from the other nut without the air bleed facility.

Is there anyway to isolate those two rads so no water can leak from it anymore until it is repaired? Will simply turning it to Off rather than 1-5 stop the water leaking from the rads as the carpets getting very wet.

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back