vokera

FKS

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a new vokera combi boiler fitted. Boiler swiches off for couple mins when i run hot water and after a while switches on works for couple mins and it happens again. I can't even fill the bath as i keep getting freezing water. Plumber from vokera service couldn't find fault.

Sponsored Links
Do you mean it didn't fault when he was there, or it did fault but he couldn't fix it?

When the HW goes off, is the boiler still showing a demand for HW on the front?

It did fault but he told me to go back to the fitters. Fitters checked everything and everything was fitted correctly. The fault only happens when the boilers cover is closed.
It's vokera compact 25HE
When HW goes off boiler switches off as well.

Do you mean it didn't fault when he was there, or it did fault but he couldn't fix it?

When the HW goes off, is the boiler still showing a demand for HW on the front?

Sponsored Links
Firstly it sounds like a useless Vokera engineer that covers your area :mad:

Secondly if it works with the case off it sounds like a lack or air or fan problem of sorts.

I have never really liked Vokeras at the best of times. (Sorry Danny ;) )

get your installer back.

I bet the flue has been installed poorly. It is getting a crossover of burnt gases into the air supply.

Does it do the same with heating? or only hot water?

that is why the vokera engineer has said get the installer back.

ill bet it will work perfectly with one of the venturis removed/blocked, lower one i think, and the case replaced. i had this once before but it got nasty with the landlord and we were not allowed to complete the repair so i never got to the bottom of the fault. i would check the fan and flue as dave said. maybe a flue restrictor needs removing for a longer flue length or something.

the compact HE is a bit of a dog and not a favourite at all.

get your installer back.
it happens only with the hot water
I bet the flue has been installed poorly. It is getting a crossover of burnt gases into the air supply.

Does it do the same with heating? or only hot water?

that is why the vokera engineer has said get the installer back.

If the flue was wrongly fitted could it affect my hot water pressure? When I run hot water in the bath i don't get hot water in the sink. When i turn the water off in the bath sink's tap sucks the air and then the pressure is so high that the running water moves back the tap.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back