volkera somert or another 24

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
a quick one for you all, possible diverter problem or low inlet pressure maybe but not sure yet.

inlaw has moved and hot wter flow rate is very low 4 on cup if two taps are on only one will work.

ive checked cold presure at only 8 on cup and think either the housold inlet pressure is to low or alternative boiler outlet is low.

the stop cock is behind kitchen unit and is unaccessable to use to isolate problem to actual boiler outlet pressure.

would i be right in saying its divertor problem or is can it the hot water flow rate be adjusted from inside teh boiler.

thanks

terry

Sponsored Links
You need to be able to check if stop tap is fully open first.

8 l/min is very low for cold mains pressure. Are you sure it's not a tank fed cold tap?

What flow rate do you get out of the hot taps even if they run cold?

Some Vokeras can be adjusted by the inlet tap under the boiler.

If it was a DV problem the ch flow pipe would get hot/warm when hot tap is on.

ch pipe got hot for the first 12 inchs of pipe but will check loft for tank tonite didnt check to be honest as ive presummed its direct mains feed due to pipe work and no pipe visable from loft area to storage cupboard.

i did not see any adjustment valve on hot outlet solid pipe direct from boiler.
inlaw didnt want kitchen units interfering with so ive left him to sort that so hes wife doesnt whinge.

thanks

Sponsored Links
yeah the one on the right i found which is filling loop to left hand side which is also ch outlet i think due to it getting hot with hot tap running.

arrrr now then one some of the pipes there are elbows with some sort of screw thread butterfly type nuts with a polished centre to them are they they ones used for adjusting dwh and central heating flows.

If I'm thinking of the same ones you are describing, these are either open or closed and not used to adjust flow rate.

yeah your right proberbly the two like that are to the left on directly wher filling loop attaches, other next to it on left hand side.

What flow rate do you get out of the hot taps even if they run cold...taps running hot which is at 4

the elbow with the wing nut type thing is across whails tthe other is top to bottom if this makes any sense

If your cold is 8 l/min then that would be the maximum you would get out of the hot, but probably around 6 or 7.

This combi as a 24Kw should be able to deliver 9-10 l/min @ 35C temp rise if all working correctly.

I think you need to check the mains supply first. Then check any inlet filter is clean and then whether the plate heat exchanger is scaled.

Would help if you knew which model it is.

and the flow restrictor which is in the large union above the left hand side of the plate h/e

ok just a update the system is gravity fed from storage tank in loft. i presume theri could be blockage in tank or pipefrom it do you have any other suggestion. the tank is located approximate 3 to 4 ft above boiler.

Q, would i be better off removing tank and goint straight to mains if so will pressure reducer have to be fitted prior to boiler.

I'm surprised a tank 3 or 4 ft above the boiler would give enough head to let the boiler work :eek:

Reconnect to cold mains directly, but don't understand why you would want a pressure reducer fitted :confused:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back