Volkera thermostat set to off but heating still on? advice?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all

I have a Volkera Thermostat and a Vokera Riello easi heat plus Product order code 20116909 which was recently installed to replace an old Vokera boiler. The thermostat worked great but since the new boiler was installed even though I have the settings for the heating to come on a certain times the heating stays on constantly, the thermostat seems to make no difference. The installers said the thermostat was now connected to the new boiler but I dont see how it can be? I know I have the settings correct on the theromostat, I know I have it correctly set for the timer and not party mode etc.

How can I check its connected to the new boiler? how can I correct this issue?

ANy advice appreciated.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Call the installer back.
If you are setting the controls correctly then it is likely to be incorrect wiring!
Are you sure it’s not just in pump overrun mode?
Can you switch it off manually by turning the programmer to off, or by turning the stat down to its lowest setting?

Is it a wireless timed room thermostat? Blocks across the top of the screen indicating comfort and economy settings? If so just remember the gaps in the blocks are not an OFF period but a setback period. Default out of the box is 16 degrees which is too high for most people.

Press and hold the selector till the display changes, rotate selector one click to the right and eco will appear, press selector and adjust setting to 10 degrees, press selector to come out of that setting, rotate selector to EXIT then press or just wait and after 5 seconds the unit will return to normal display.
Remember PARTY mode only lasts till midnight that evening anyway.

If it's a different control post a picture.

It's Vokèra.

There’s a video on YouTube

Thanks for your replies.

So the timer-are the black boxes ON and the blank boxes OFF? or the opposite way around?

Sponsored Links
No, black block comfort temperature, no block economy temperature. Set eco temp lower so it doesn't come on but doesn't let the house grow too cold, I suggested 10 but it's up to you.

I spoke to manufacture and they said that theres an issue with the colaberation and need to get a new theromostat and have it connected to the boiler.

The stat is staying the room temperature is about 4 cel warmer than what the room actually is. So I am having to set the stat to about 26 cel in order to get the room 22 CEL.

I mentioned there was a clock dial on the front of the boiler and they said yes you can control the temperature in the house using that BUT it may not be wired in when the boiler was installed, so it may not work.

Does this make sense to anyone as its all new to me?

Do you mean encoding instead of collaboration? If the temp is adjustable and the boiler goes on and off it’s encoded (paired between room control and receiver on side of boiler). If it’s reading too high or low it can be adjusted in parameters. Is it sited near a fire, radiator, kitchen or in sunlight, that would cause the problems you’re having. Look at YouTube, search Vokera rf roomstat

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back