VRC-430f - finally time to beat it with a big hammer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hey folks.

My old 430f has been getting worse & worse at losing comms with the boiler, think this is just because if the amount of wireless traffic that's around us nowadays. This is getting annoying for me & my wallet as it normally does it when it's called for the heating which means the boiler runs full chat until I turn the boiler off & back on.

I've spent so many hours getting it dialled in & actually like the weather compensation so just wondered what options I have to ditch it & get something WiFi based

My system is a Vaillant EcoTEC Plus 624, a VR61 Wiring Centre & a VRC430F although I'm happy to change whatever. Due to the style of house a wired thermostat isn't an option, at least not in a location that's worthwhile.

Sponsored Links
That controller uses a frequency that's distinct from WiFi or Zigbee (868 Mhz) so interference sources aren't that common, the manual does only give a range of 25m in a building though, possibly more likely to be a device fault.

That controller uses a frequency that's distinct from WiFi or Zigbee (868 Mhz) so interference sources aren't that common, the manual does only give a range of 25m in a building though, possibly more likely to be a device fault.

We have a bit of an oddball, the house does have some interference & even though I have spent numerous hours I haven't traced it. I can literally shut everything off & shut the c/u down & something still affects something.

I get strong DAB signal in the area till you pull on the drive (or even outside on the road :)) & it just disappears till you leave either way of the house. Only thing that isn't affected is I get good wi-fi, hence thinking of going internet based if it is possible?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back