VW Emissions settlement

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have been informed by the solicitors handling the case that Volkswagen have now agreed to make a payment in the region of £150 million to the claimants who I am told total around 90 thousand.
The amount that the solicitors tell me that I will receive is £350.
Fair enough I didn’t expect much but the solicitors get 30 %of the total.
The car that I bought which made me eligible to make a claim was a Skoda Yeti Green line 1.6 Diesel.
I would like to say that the reason I bought it was because I was contributing to the reduction in global warming.
It wasn’t, but surely the type of car alone would put me somewhere near the top of the list.
Maybe not, I look forward to anybodies comments good and bad.

Sponsored Links
If I was VW I would pay nothing

In fact the bloke or blokes or woman that came up with this cheating device should have got a massive pay rise and a slap on the back for innovation :)

All these people whinging about there cars

Yeah right they all care about the environment :ROFLMAO:
And are all shocked by the caper

Truth is that they are taking the oppurtunity to get there snouts in the trough for a buck

(???? May be )

Sponsored Links
The cheat reduced emissions so people would have paid less road tax, don't think the cheat cost them anything, quite the opposite. There was an argument that resale values would be reduced, not noticed people shying away from VW's with low or no road tax. The only thing that will happen is VW will recoup the money they pay out through price rises, so customer pays, VW don't win or lose, and as usual, lawyers make a killing.

Back