VW POLO 2003 Wishbone Bush Petrol 1.2

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My car's wishbone bush is costing me a fortune. Labour cost for fitting a new one is very high. Every 2 years it goes. I have decided to use a different wishbone bush. There are some alternatives in the market. Not sure if they last longer. I have short listed three as follows:

1. Floflex :

2. Meyle:

3. PSB:

If anybody has experience of using the above bush please let me know which one is the best.

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
Personally if I'm looking for aftermarket stuff I use Powerflex bushes - but any of those should be fine, and a light car like the Polo shouldn't be knocking them out every two years.
Has the car been in a collision at any time (twisting the wishbone maybe) and have you tried someone else to fit them?
John :)

I was with main dealer for 7 years and they changed it three times after warranty expired. Now I am with a local garage. I changed once with them two years ago. No collision. I will change the whole wishbone this time. When I look at the original bush it is really weak. It is basically designed to fail. At lot of gap in it. Without replacing it the car is still fine. But it does not pass MOT when there is a crack in it. I need to put a bush there that is solid with not gaps in it. This part is giving me headache every year.

As said stick to power flex bushes if you can or at least dealer quality.
Pattern parts don't usually last as any mods required to improve the bush design are very slow or non existent.

Sponsored Links
After doing some research I found that SEAT solid bushes is a solution. Part Number 6LL 407 183. They are non void type. Picture as follows:

I will go for this. Many owners of POLO has gone for this after suffering. See how it goes.

Back