VW Polo Fan Resistor Pack 2019

Reaction score
Country
Ireland
Can anyone tell me where I can get one of these on line, this is the actual photo of the one from the car, the OEM number is 200.959.263 but any of the links show a black semi circular base whereas mine has a white rectangular base. I have tried all the motor factors and Mister Auto sent me the wrong one, the main dealers want £100. This type must be for sale somewhere as they seem to have a basic fault in that they don't last too long, despite replacing the cabin filter. This car is now on its third one, (second replacement), all within the 3 year warranty period, I want to have a spare.

Attachments

• My Polo Resistance Pack..jpg
    My Polo Resistance Pack..jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 64
Sponsored Links
Thanks for that, my one has two plastic tabs so you just push the pack in place and move it sideways to anchor it in position, do you think the Amazon one will do the same though?.

Attachments

• Amazon Resistor.jpg
    Amazon Resistor.jpg
    15.3 KB · Views: 47
  • My Polo Resistance Pack. Rev2.jpg
    My Polo Resistance Pack. Rev2.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 58
I really can’t say, but some of the ebay providers have a vehicle compatibility table so I’d use that.
Either way, around a tenner seems the norm!
John

Sponsored Links
Its the thermal fuse that goes on them . It looks like a resistor at the end opposite the connector. Just solder a new on in and its fixed. Sorry working away so have not got access to one now. If its failing regularly you may find that your fan unit is drawing too much current and needs to be replaced.

Yes, I did replace the thermal fuse on a relation's car but I just clamped it at both ends with two terminals from a strip connector. The thermal fuse on mine is Microtemp ZJABWA G4A00 Tr 240C , I doubt it very much if it reached 240C, fan is certainly rotating freely, I can spin it with two fingers with filter removed ,
I measured the amps at the different fan speeds with VCDS with engine off and allowing for the 5A that the DRLs draw and at a measured battery voltage of 12V, the fan is running on speed 2 for 95% of its time and very rarely on speeds 3 or 4, speed 4 has no effect on the resistor pack as its by passed (by law, to have at least one speed available when resistor pack does fail). The numbers below were measured readings at 12V and as the "smart" alternator charges at 14.8V on car overrun I have included in brackets the calculated loads at 14.8V.

Speed 1 3.9A (5.9A)
Speed 2 6.2A (9.4A)
Speed 3 10.8A (16.4A)
Speed 4 17.0A (25.9) (Resistor pack Bypassed)

From the above one might conclude that the thermal fuse, assuming that it didn't blow thermally, blew on speed 3 at 16.4A on car overrun?.
Of course, its also possible that the one resistance that's all ways in the circuit on speeds 1,2&3 is blowing and not the thermal fuse.

Last edited:
Back