Vynckier MCB compatibility

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Does anyone know if any other makes of MCB are compatible/interchangeable with Vynckier brand?
Thanks

Sponsored Links
If they are the ones I am thinking of they are very similar to GE (also available as Rexel Senates branded Sector GE), can you post a piccy?

I'll look at GE ones. If I'm still stuck, I'll try and post a piccie (not done that before :confused: ), but won't be until after next week, as I'm away.

Thanks, Spark123

Sorry for brining this post back to life but I now require a Vynckier 32a MCB.

Does anyone know where, other than eBay, I might find one or if the GE will fit and where I could get one of those?

Cheers,
Chris

Sponsored Links
Whilst not the exact correct circuit breaker for your board, this GE breaker is a good fit, and I have used them in vynicker boards before.

I'm not aware of anywhere that sells the old vynicker circuit breakers any more, or the GE breakers of the same design either, other than maybe ebay.

What are you using the circuit breaker for? Virtually all new domestic circuits require RCD protection, which this does not afford.

http://www.thefusecompany.com/mcbs/...6amp-to-40amp-single-pole-type-b-10ka-mcb.php

Whilst not the exact correct circuit breaker for your board, this GE breaker is a good fit, and I have used them in vynicker boards before.

I'm not aware of anywhere that sells the old vynicker circuit breakers any more, or the GE breakers of the same design either, other than maybe ebay.

What are you using the circuit breaker for? Virtually all new domestic circuits require RCD protection, which this does not afford.

http://www.thefusecompany.com/mcbs/...40amp-single-pole-type-b-10ka-mcb.php[/QUOTE]

Thanks. It's for a radial circuit to a shed which will be protected by an RCD.

4mm SWA 90deg, 3 core. ( I know the SWA doesn't need RCD protection but the circuit in the shed will need to be)

4mm SWA 90deg, 3 core. ( I know the SWA doesn't need RCD protection but the circuit in the shed will need to be)
Why not do the 'conventional' thing and put the RCD in the shed, then?

Kind Regards, John

The job relates to my post about diversity. My understanding is by putting the RCD in the shed I now have to protect the SWA whist considering diversity. To do this whist considering diversity means upping the csa of the SWA which was adding more costs to the job than the customer was willing to pay.

Does that make sense?

The job relates to my post about diversity. My understanding is by putting the RCD in the shed I now have to protect the SWA whist considering diversity. To do this whist considering diversity means upping the csa of the SWA which was adding more costs to the job than the customer was willing to pay. Does that make sense?
It may make sense to someone, but I don't really understand. I'm probably missing something, but I'm not sure how the location (or even presence) of an RCD in a circuit has any relevance to diversity.

Kind Regards, John

No it does not make any sense.

You are installing 4mm SWA (2 core XLPE is good for up to 49amps if installed correctly.)
It is protected by a 32amp MCB. That is correct.

What has diversity got to do with it?

In trying to make some sense, I wonder if oo7 meant 'discrimination', rather than 'diversity' - but, even if he did, I don't see what the location of an RCD has got to do with it, so maybe he also meant MCB, rather than RCD!

Kind Regards, John

Yes I meant my post on discrimination. (I just typed diversity again, don't know why I have that word in my brain)

As for the RCD, it needed to be introduced for the circuit in the shed and I was merely pointing out that this had been considered (before anyone pointed it out). And as for the location it's just convenient to have it at the CU rather than fit one in the shed.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back