Vynckier CU

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi - a customer has a Vynckier CU and I need to add an RCBO for a cooker circuit. I can't find this make in any catalogue - do you know if other makes fit?

Andy

Sponsored Links
Don't think they make them under that brand - some of the Vynckier were re-branded GE MCBs and as far as I know GE only do a double width RCBO.

Sponsored Links
Denmans used to do their own "STEEPLE" brand which was GE, not sure if they still do it or not. Maybe worth a call....

Thanks for your help everyone.

Wylex RCBOs fit but I can't find one over 40 amp and this cooker needs a 45 or 50A one to be sure (it's 103kw max load). Denmans appear to do a 50A one so I'll chase that up tomorrow.

I've got the qualitifactions but not the experience yet to decide on how to apply diversity to this job. The 'book' says 10 amps plus 30% of the remaining total load which is only a total or 22.5 amps but I can't believe that would be sensible for a 10.3kw max cooker?

Sorry fgorgot to add - Senate don't do Vynckier compatible stuff any more - were very helpful but with no solution unfortunately!

Oh well.

I expect they will do henley blocks, tails, and a small "shower" CU though...

I've got the qualitifactions but not the experience yet to decide on how to apply diversity to this job. The 'book' says 10 amps plus 30% of the remaining total load which is only a total or 22.5 amps but I can't believe that would be sensible for a 10.3kw max cooker?
Most sparkies I know think that it is reasonable to apply some diversity to a cooker circuit but the guidelines in the book go too far (at least when looking at the demand of one cooker circuit in isolation, diversity across the whole install is another matter)

My gut feeling says a 40A circuit will be fine for this load.

I've fitted Hager RCBOs in a Vynckier board before. They just fit - it was a 3 phase board mind.

Thanks to everyone for your helpful comments. Eventually decided to use a crabtree RCBO (Wylex and Hager also fit apparently and I believe Wylex and Crabtree are the same thing anyway!) from Denmans - who were very helpful but don't stock the Vynckier comptaible stuff any more either.

Trouble is it was going to be 80 quid for the size I needed so I've given up and bought a separate shower unit with a 63A RCD and 50A MCB. Just got to get 10mm conductors into it now!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back