Waist size trousers!!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Ok..so I am a 34 waist/32 leg.. buys a new pair of pants and they wont go near me,too small ..changes the pair for a identical brand from the same shop a size 36 ..now they are miles too big and the leg is too short.. I have had this issue for years and I am sure the manufacturers just make the sizes up.. is it just me or do any of you guys have this problem

Sponsored Links
Why I don't buy anything (clothing or footwear-wise) online.

I also treat the sizes as a rough guide.

There is no substitute for "try before you buy"!

All the time. When buying jeans in particular, you can try on three pairs of exactly the same and get three different sizes.

All very true.
I often wonder why the manufacturers can't simply measure the waist and inside leg before putting the size on a label.

Oh, of course. It would take a few minutes longer.

Sponsored Links
Why I don't buy anything (clothing or footwear-wise) online.

I also treat the sizes as a rough guide.

There is no substitute for "try before you buy"![/QUOTE........ I did buy them from the shop ..the 1st pair I took home was off the shelf and never tried it on beforehand .. my mistake but then I tried the 2nd pair on in the shop and they was far too big..got a refund in the end but I appear to have had this problem for years

Try being 6ft 4" with a 40" waist and 33" inside leg...takes me weeks to find trousers and jeans that fit...all the manufacturers think if you have a 40" waist you must be short and fat!! GGrrrrrr

Get your clothes tailored, it doesn't cost that much, £10 to get 'em taken up, £20 to get 'em taken in at the waist, though sounds like some of you need those expandable waists?

Get your clothes tailored, it doesn't cost that much, £10 to get 'em taken up, £20 to get 'em taken in at the waist, though sounds like some of you need those expandable waists?
I've done that myself in the past. No, I mean BY myself. I've let down my trouser leg bottoms (I think they must have shrunk, as I didn't grow any taller) and I've let out the trouser waist (again, I'm sure they must have shrunk).
I've become quite adept with a needle, so much so that my first wife often asks me to do a bit of stitching for her.

Sponsored Links
Back