Wall chaser

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Recommendations please, I need to chase our some walls and was wondering what the best chaser would be to get close to the ceiling as possible ?

Sponsored Links
I have this one. It works really well. Hook it up to a Henry and always work floor to ceiling never the other way round to keep the dust to a minimum.

http://m.screwfix.com/p/sparky-fk652-110v-2000w-wall-chaser/20788?filtered=true[/QUOTE]

I used a Henry recently with my chaser and found that it would clog the bag up within a few minutes use. Also tried without a bag just the filter and that was no better. Am I missing a trick here,m as I'm contemplating buying a proper dust extractor.

Sponsored Links
Expanding on my tongue in cheek post.

I have found rotary wall chasers a quick way of making a mess. IMO they are impractical unless the whole building has been cleared. If you seal a single room, the dust from the cutter will soon block your field of vision! (Even with an extractor hose).

In the end I found the best way is to use either a wide blade SDS chisel

Or an SDS channelling chisel

I can use my wall chaser in a fully furnished room. I can chase for about a meter before the hepa bag in my Henry clogs but switch it off, shake the bag and it's ready to go again.

It's invaluable in some of the houses round here which have very hard bricks with very weak mortar.

With a vacuum attached the mess isn't too bad (not like using a grinder to cut thru a wall!)

That said, the one I have does not have its plunge action very well designed, which means that as you plunge in, the vacuum does nothing.

Once on the wall the suckiness kicks in and not too much dust is produced.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back