Wall Light is not working and suggestions

Sorry - no.

If posters can't be rsed to do things properly so that their photos display, I can't be rsed to go to extra lengths to track them down.

Getting it right isn't rocket science.

I have to photos set to"Viewable By: All Registered Users" so that any member here can view them so I dont know why they are not displaying on the main post. So its not that I can't be arsed I beleive it is an issue on the site. Though if you can tell me how to fix it so my pics are displayed I will gladly do that.

Sponsored Links
44000_43925_44173_54693020.jpg

44000_43925_44172_93582155.jpg

It doesn't really help.

Sponsored Links
Hi all,
I have now done some more investigation into all three lights. I am now sure that they all have the require voltage going to them and the correct voltage between Live and Earth. However between E n N I am not getting 0 !

So far I am no further on on getting the light working again. I am still not clear how to test the switch part...instructions would be appreciated.

I have an anolgue MMeter and I think its time to get a new Digital MMeter any recommendations ? (I will test again to be certain of my results).

to test at the switch you will need to test between N on the incoming supply and the bottom connection on your switch - with the switch turned on obviously - you may need to pull it a couple of times to double check.

Having said that, you may struggle to get your multimeter probe into the connector with the wire - I can't really make out from the photo how easy the switch is to dismantle

What result are you getting N-E?

to test at the switch you will need to test between N on the incoming supply and the bottom connection on your switch - with the switch turned on obviously - you may need to pull it a couple of times to double check.

Having said that, you may struggle to get your multimeter probe into the connector with the wire - I can't really make out from the photo how easy the switch is to dismantle

What result are you getting N-E?

No I couldnt get the probe into the switch part. As yet I have not tried to dismantle the switch. The reading for N-E are 2 at aprox 27 and 1 at 2( Again I will re-test with new multimeter when purchased). I now think 2 are on the same circuit. As yet I have not traced the source as they will be under the floorboards somewhere

I have checked the wire in the fitting and they are well connected. Are there any fuses in the light that could have gone ?

Sorry - no.

If posters can't be rsed to do things properly so that their photos display, I can't be rsed to go to extra lengths to track them down.

Getting it right isn't rocket science.

Prima Donna!!!!!

C'mon Ban, the OP made a mistake in posting the photo's. Even when a link was posted for your convenience, you couldn't be bothered to click it.

I really think you've sunk to a new despicable low here.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back