Wall mounted bath tap

nmg

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi. Bathroom project ongoing, including a wall mounted bath tap. Instructions shown in image. I am building out a stud wall 75mm from the breeze block wall, aquapanel then tiling. Wall is 1800 wide X 2400 high. Back to wall bath then going along this length. Large tiles 1200x600 standing portrait style, two rows of three tiles. Having trouble figuring exactly how to fit the tap. Looking at the instructions, the spout has to be secured to the finished face using a back nut so access behind is required. Rather than just screwing into a protruding threaded pipe length. Bath will finish about 560mm high from floor, no access under bath as it's a moulded unit. Centre tile of the bottom row will stand 1200high so too tall to get a hand in and down to connect up.
I'm sure we'll muddle a way, but anyone have any experience and tips on this type of tap please? ...that might make things a little easier? Many thanks

Attachments

• IMG_20220315_120022.jpg
    IMG_20220315_120022.jpg
    260.5 KB · Views: 122
Sponsored Links
No access from behind. Breeze block wall into finished bedroom

Sponsored Links
I agree unless there is some possibility of using a flexi between valve and spout, otherwise I think the obvious solution is a plan B - a different tap.

Just to update, plumber friend has suggested a wall mountable elbow, placed in line with where spout is to go and at the correct depth. Will allow tile over then screw spout into that elbow. Gets rid of any back nuts and doesn't require that last fit from behind. Sounds ok to me. Thoughts please? Thanks

Just to update, plumber friend has suggested a wall mountable elbow, placed in line with where spout is to go and at the correct depth. Will allow tile over then screw spout into that elbow. Gets rid of any back nuts and doesn't require that last fit from behind. Sounds ok to me. Thoughts please? Thanks

Used these many times for showers and wall mount taps. Takes a bit more prep to ensure it lines up with finished front but does the job.

https://www.toolstation.com/made4tr...3hR5HNhrKFkrBdL5hx4aAv98EALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

• Thanks
Reactions: nmg

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back