Wall prep before tiling best practice

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've just spent the day removing old tiles from my bathroom. One wall was lath & plaster and the others were plasterboard. I managed to save the lath & plaster wall because someone had tiled over woodchip so the woodchip came off with the tiles and saved the lath & plaster. The same cannot be said about the plasterboard which I will now need to replace. This got me thinking about how to do the same for the next man who comes along and removes my new tiles sometime in the future. Who knows, it might be me. Is there a standard way to ensure that the tiles and the adhesive are more easily removed? The tiles wont be in a shower area as I'm using panels for that.

Sponsored Links
surely you want the best possible way to keep the tiles on the wall for the longest and strongest method

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back