Wall Sockets

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Following the removal of a Hot Water Cylinder from a cupboard which involved the removal of two electrical connections to the Hot Water Switch and the Boiler Timer I now find that two Double Sockets in the Kitchen are now not working. Question is, would there have been a connection between these supplys for this to have happened?

Sponsored Links
There shouldn't have been. Have you checked your CU, (fuse box), to see if any mcb's have tripped?

Thank you both. Yes, first place I checked was fuse box, no issues there. Just not making sense to me but I will ask the Heating Engineer.

Sponsored Links
Did your old cylinder have an immersion heater in it? Was the switch for the immersion heater in the kitchen? Did the heating engineer do any work in the consumer unit (eg disconnecting the imm htr feed).
I

With my old house, we had the ability to turn off the immersion heater from the kitchen, when we removed the tank the switches and outlets all made in to sockets. So it seems likely before yours were removed some one had converted the remote switch into a socket, and when removed the supply has been disconnected, and really can't blame the workers for not realising what has been done in the past.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back