Wall starter kits

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello everyone. I am hoping for some help with planning the walls on a new build project. Can you tell me please if it is acceptable to use a wall starter in the following circumstance as I can't think of an alternative.
Straight load bearing wall make of lightweight blocks stops and then must be made of old imperial bricks (which do not gauge in because of their size relative to the blocks and I want a vertical joint anyway) as that is what is seen as the internal finish. All the web looking I have done shows the kits used at a 90 deg angle to an existing wall only but I can't see any other way of changing from the lightweights to the old bricks without using these? Is this common practice? Thanks, Hugh.

Sponsored Links
Aye, no problem. But the blocks will have to be left a few days before you drill them. Although I would use strips of 50mm expanded metal in every block course, easier & cheaper, it can be bent up or down on to the nearest brick course.

Aye, no problem. But the blocks will have to be left a few days before you drill them. Although I would use strips of 50mm expanded metal in every block course, easier & cheaper, it can be bent up or down on to the nearest brick course.
Good advice for you here Franalogue. Starter kits are normally used when coming off an old existing wall.

Sponsored Links
I would use 75mm expanded metal for ties, or better still block bond and expanded metal

Wall starters are not the correct thing for this situation

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back