Wall Tile removal

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I need to remove some ceramic tiles which are on the vertical face surrounding the bath to access the taps. Obviously I'm trying to do this without breaking any tiles. :rolleyes:

I've removed the grout, and the tiles appear to be mounted onto ply or something similar, and in places there is a black/grey rubbery compound, which I think is the adhesive. What is the likelihood that warming the tile will soften the adhesive and make removal easier? Any other tips (apart from don't try!)?

Thanks

Lloyd

Sponsored Links
Remove the carpet and see what's under it first, as it may be possible to remove a panel or cut a section out to get at the taps, so not needing to remove any tiles.

Thanks for the carpet suggestion - had been considering that but thought it would not give me enough access. Anyhow, just pulled it back, and seem to have rather solid chipboard (or equivalent) construction. No sensible access hatch. Need to consider whether to cut a hole in the step. Who ever installed this had ultimate faith in nothing going wrong or ever needing replacing.

Lloyd

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back