wall tiling to en-suite

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys - I'm new on here - great forum... can anyone help please.

Having en-suite refurbed. Plumber has said that he is going to remove all skirting boards (its only a very small room) and get the tiler to tile right down to the wooden hardboard floor. Is this ok ? Cheers

Sponsored Links
I had my skirtings removed and binned when they tiled the walls, and matching tiles for the floor, I think that is the right way of doing it, am not a tiler, but only going on what matey said to me. :D

Thanks for the quick response guys.

We are going to have the floor carpeted. I can see the point if the floor is going to be tiled too, (making a wet room type) but with carpet .... what do the experts think ? Cheers.

Sponsored Links
I'm no expert, but I think if you tile to the floor you wont need to paint the skirt, it will probably look smarter, the cost of extra tiles is best part of £0. So it does come down to what YOU want.

Carpet in a bathroom is VERY unhygienic.

But if you are having it I would leave the skirting. But like others said its down to your personal taste of what you think looks best.

longjohn
I would tile the floor it will finish off the wall tiles nicely ..very modern stylish look .. :)

I agree with Moz, I had carpet in before :oops: , and when we had it done all tiled, walls and floor it does make a difference.
Not only that, it looks also bigger, and more cleaner looking, glad we took the skirtings out, but if your going down the carpet route, then your better off keeping the skirtings.

Lucienite... why VERY un hygienic ??? Thanks guys for the replies..

Lucienight said:
Carpet in a bathroom is VERY unhygienic.

Only if you have men in the house
laughing-smiley-012.gif

don't forget that skirting boards are fitted for a reason, one of which is to help protect the wall at low level (just as dado rail was used to protect walls from chair backs). this in mind, make sure the adhesive is pretty solid on the bottom course of tiles.

then make a 3" upstand of the floortiles over the wall tiles no skirting it looks much better and more water resistant.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back