Wallpapering/fabric behind surface mounted switch pattress boxes?

Sponsored Links
With wallpaper, it's usual for a decorator to loosen a flush fitting, but to cut round a surface mounted fitting.
Completely unacceptable.

Would you really expect most decorators to remove a large quantity of surface mounted pattresses for painting? I have to say I wouldn't.
I would expect a professional decorator to do whatever was necessary for a professional job.

Yes, it is.

So is applying new paint to a surface without any rubbing down or even cleaning.

So is painting and making no effort to keep it off carpets or window panes.

So is papering and not matching up patterns.

So is papering and leaving gaps between sheets.

So is filling holes and not rubbing down the filler.

So is not bothering to fill holes.

So is painting windows shut.

All sorts of things are options.

Sponsored Links
In that case the majority of professional decorators DGAS about doing a professional job.
To an extent, yes. But to be fair, before tarring everyone with a DGAS brush you do need to consider the factors involved - one of which being "what will the customer pay for ?" A few times, I've had people suggest I do professional decorating (along with a few other trades) - I counter with the fundamental issue that I'd not make a living at it. I'd either have to charge a very low hourly rate, or I'd get no custom because very very few people would pay full whack for the time it takes me to do things. It was the same at my last job, didn't do much cabling install because I just wasn't fast enough to be competitive on price - mostly it got subbed out for installs I'd not have been happy to put my name to.

Just tell him that he won't get paid if he does such a sh¡te job.
Not my call, and it'll upset Mum if I start making a fuss about it - that's why I'm working hard on not mentioning it at all when she's around.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back