Wallstar 12/14 oil boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
wallstar oil boiler
Works perfectly ok through the day, but if left off overnight goes out on timer lockout on first start up. Reset and bleed the oil supply everything ok till next time it goes off overnight.
When boiler first installed the fire valve was seperate to the check valve, HRM have now made it a combined valve, have tried 3 from HRM all worked ok in normal operation through the day, but oil leaked back if boiler off more than 4 hrs.
Tested each valve after taking back out by standing on my bench, filling up with oil and sure enough oil leaked out after 4+ hours. Made all this information available to wallstar as in my opinion there is a design fault with them, no info back.
Any one else have this problem, as now running with no shut down overnight till weather better.

joander

Sponsored Links
you have a small leak on one of the supply pipe connections. Difficult to check as i guess your system has to pump the oil up to the boiler. Un do each compression fitting and re apply the paste and re tighten. The fire valves on these models are usually the problem as it easy to overtighten the fittings as the olives are too large for the 10mm supply pipe. The easy option would be to call someone out to do a pressure test on the supply pipework .

you have a small leak on one of the supply pipe connections. Difficult to check as i guess your system has to pump the oil up to the boiler. Un do each compression fitting and re apply the paste and re tighten. The fire valves on these models are usually the problem as it easy to overtighten the fittings as the olives are too large for the 10mm supply pipe. The easy option would be to call someone out to do a pressure test on the supply pipework .

Thanks for the reply, but it does not loose any oil, think it is going back past the NRV over a period of over 4hrs. Have located a seperate NRV on the internet when it come will dismantle the old one and examin and hopefully repair, if not will fit the replaecment

joander

Sponsored Links
bang a 3/8 nrv at oil tank outlet, or I would change oil pump.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back