Wanting to replace an old PIR without rewiring

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I need to move the PIR at the back of our house as a conservatory has been added since it was installed. It's a 20+ year old Racal Guardall and links up to a control unit that has ability to switch light on/off or via the PIR. As the cables are deep under laminate floor I was hoping to extend the telephone wire it uses and run it to a new PIR but of course the company no longer exists etc.

I think the wiring is for live, neutral and 2 triggers (see picture) . Does anyone know of a new PIR that would work please?

Attachments

• IMG_3746.JPG
    IMG_3746.JPG
    16.6 KB · Views: 255
Sponsored Links
No chance ....if it's an original racalight system ....you might be able to fit a gjd sensor in its place ( would have to check in the files at work )
How many sensors do you have at the moment ?
Can you post a picture of the sensor and the controller ?

Didn't the original controller have a rocker switch with a slide switch for the timer
The module clipped in onto spring loaded prongs
But they worked will in the day

If it's the original one ! To be honest have seen one go into meltdown , Just a burnt patch on the wall !

Sponsored Links
Thanks for taking an interest. Ive attached a pic of the controller and it looks like yours. We just have one PIR and one light. I imagine technology has moved on in 20 years. Could you recommend a controller and PIR that a DIY'er like me could swap in to cover a patio about 10m x 4m?

best wishes, Chris

Attachments

• IMG_3747.JPG
    IMG_3747.JPG
    8.6 KB · Views: 216

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back